PepsiCo's financial statements are provided in Appendix A. Economic statements with the Coca-Cola Company are presented in Appendix B. This can be from the appendixes in the seventh edition of financial accounting by Weygandt, kimmel, and kieso. Instructions; (a) Based on the knowledge contained in these kinds of financial transactions, determine each of the following for each company. Please show all numerical equations including numerator and denominator, not just a last number. Present your work in a comparative structure using a desk as illustrated: 1) Low profit to get 2008 PepsiCo Coca-Cola and Gross revenue rate to get 2008. 2) Percent enhancements made on operating income from 2007 to 2008.
3) Accounts receivable turnover pertaining to 2008.
4) Days sales in receivable intended for 2008.
5) Products on hand turnover pertaining to 2008.
6) Times inventory on hand for 08.
7) Increase (decrease) in money and cash equivalents by 2007 to 2008. 8) Asset proceeds ratio for 2008.
9) Seed money at the end of 2008.
10) Current ratio by the end of 08.
11) Debt (excluding " deferred income taxesвЂќ) to total resources at the end of 2008. 12) Book benefit per discuss at the end of 2008.
(Hint: Use the value reported for " common shareholders' equityвЂќ because the numerator for PepsiCo. ) 13) Compare industry value per share for each company for the book value per talk about at the end of 2008. Imagine the market benefit of Coca-Cola's stock was $45. 27 14) How come book benefit and their market value per discuss different? 15) Return on common stockholders' equity at the end of 08.
| PepsiCo| Coca-Cola
| 2008| 2008
1) Gross earnings rate to get 2008. (Gross Profit as well as Sales)| 52. 9%| 64. 4%| 2) Percent enhancements made on operating income from 3 years ago to 08. | -3. 10%| of sixteen. 46%| 3) Accounts receivable turnover to get 2008. (sales / Typical accounts receivable)| 9. 54| 9. 97| 4) Days and nights sales in receivable for 2008. (365 / Accounts receivable turnover)| 38| 37| 5) Products on hand turnover intended for 2008. (Cost of goods offered / Common...